Hello

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Chapter 4: Unanswered...

“Jane! Where are you?” Nothing.  Well damn, where could she have gone? 

She pulled out her computer and typed in Jane’s name and address.  Nothing popped up.  Why does this “man” want Jane?  Well Katie didn’t really think of him as a man.  Obviously he was some type of spirit or had connections to the thing that was in her room the other night. 

She then typed in black mass  . 

 APPARITIONS: The supernatural appearance of a deceased person or animal. It is often too distant to be in the normal range of a persons view and is uncommon to see an appearance. A full bodied apparition shows the entire body of an animal or person. A partial bodied apparition are shown more often but only show part of a body such as; torso or arms. They often appear as white (or various shades of white/gray) or solid black. Usually apparitions can appear to hover in the air. It is rare that apparitions show their legs or feet.

Well she knew that already.  She had been dealing with the supernatural for a long time now, but why did it make her feel that way?  She needed answers and she needed them now. 

“Gram. Are you here?  I really need you.  Please!”

The room turned bright with white light and smelled of garden flowers in bloom.  Her Gram was near.  Katie looked around and found her standing in the kitchen looking at the sink.  “Child, why don’t you ever wash your dishes?”  Katie laughed, her Gram was always telling her how the dishes should always be done as soon as dinner was over.  Wash the dishes, dry them, put them up, empty the sink, and dry everything so you don’t get water bugs.  Gram was from the south and didn’t understand that they didn’t have certain types of bugs in the north. 

“Gram I need to ask you something.”

            “Does it have anything to do with the Demon that has been around here?”

“Gram that is what I was gong to ask, what that was.  Why is it here?’

            “Don’t know child but you better pay attention to what is around you.  It has been here
            lookin’ round all day now.  Call the church and have em’ come bless this place like I told ya
            to do a year ago.”

“Gram, he keeps asking for Jane.  Why?’

            “Girl you never know why those things do what they do.  Just give him what he wants so that
            he leaves you alone!” 

“Please, Gram, try to find out why he wants her.  Please.  If I need to get her than I will, but I would like to know first what is going on.  Please…”

Gram was gone.  Well I hope she heard me.  Then there was a knock at the door.
Katie peaked through the hole and saw that it was the same man from the shop.  No way was she going to let him in or even let him know …  “Katie, I know you are home. Please stop looking at me and trying to figure me out.  Just let me in.”

WHAT THE HELL!!!???  How does he know that she is there?  Nope doesn’t matter she still isn’t going to speak. 

“Katie, please let me in.  You are going to need me to figure all of this out.  I can help you.”

             “Who are you? What do you want?  How do I know that you aren’t the one that killed Jane?”

“If you let me in I can show you that you can trust me.”

             “PFFT! I don’t think so.  Leave me your name and number and I will call you and  we can
             meet up somewhere.” 

“Katie, I know where you live.  Don’t you think that I could just stand outside your building and wait for you to leave?”

Well damn, he did have a point.  How did he find her anyways?

“First, what is your name and how in the hell did you find me?”

             “Lucas, and I followed you in my car.”

“Okay, 'Lucas', how did you know what apartment?”

             “Look Katie, just let me in.  Your neighbors are looking out the doors at me.”

She thought about and since some people had seen him at her door, someone would be able to identify him if something happened.  As she opened the door and looked at him, he looked taller than she remembered.  Katie also realized that he has ice blue eyes to go with that blonde hair.  As she stepped back to let him in she could tell that he was the same man that saw her in the coffee shop.  He brought the same feeling to her as he past this time. 

Against better judgement, she closed the door and looked at him.  He just stood there looking around.  His gaze kept going back to the same spot that she had seen the apparition the first time. 

“Why do you keep looking at that corner Lucas?”

He turned to look at her then turned back to that spot. “Better yet, why don’t we go have a cup of coffee?”

(NEXT CHAPTER)

No comments:

Post a Comment