Hello

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Chapter 5: Answers

As they walked into the shop all eyes went to Lucas.  Katie had to admit that he was something nice to look at, but he didn't act like he knew or cared.  They headed to the table in the corner of the shop next to the windows.

"So do you wanna tell me how you know about Jane?"
"Yes, but I need some more information because it seems like you are not wanting to give her to me."

"Seriously?!"  Katie was getting upset that he kept dodging her questions. "Okay, fine!  I am afraid for her.   You seem to know whatever that demon is or who it is and it seems to be after her too; and it's not like I know how to just hand over a spirit."
Lucas looked at her like she had lost her mind.  "What do you mean Katie?  All sensitives know that all you have to do is tell them that it is ok to come out and she will.  I can then take her and be on my way."

"Why though Lucas?  Why do you want Jane so bad?  I don't understand.  She was just a little old lady that didn't do anything wrong."

Lucas shook his head and laughed.  "She wasn't as sweet and innocent as you seem to think.  Think about it Katie, have you ever seen a demon before?  Have you ever seen one chase a spirit?  Why do you think a demon would be chasing a spirit if they were all great?"

They were interrupted by the waitress eyeing Lucas as she stood next to the table holding her pad.  "You guys ready to order or you need a few more minutes?"

"I don't believe..."
         "I'll just have a coffee, black."
She looked back at Lucas, "You?"
"Tea, I guess. Thanks"
As she left he looked back at Katie.  She just couldn't help it, there was something about him that she didn't want to get enough of.  He smiled at her and said, "Look Katie,  she wasn't all that perfect.  She had secrets that she didn't want anyone to know about.  Has she spoke to you?  No, huh?  There's a reason for that.  Talk to her a little more and I will be back in a week to see if you're ready."

Lucas stood up, walked to the waitress, paid and walked out.  As Katie sat there trying to figure out what just happened the waitress came over with her coffee and to let her know that he paid.  Katie just smiled.  She knew that she needed answers and soon...

(NEXT CHAPTER COMING SOON)

No comments:

Post a Comment