Hello

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Chapter 6: Jane

As Katie walked in the door she saw Jane.  She just stood there looking at her.  She looked so sad and defeated.  Katie walked up to her, she wished that she could hug her, but she sat on the couch and asked Jane to join her.

"Jane I need you to tell me what's going on.  I don't understand why this man and the demon want you so badly.  Can you please speak and tell me?"
She just sat there.  Katie didn't know what else to do.  It didn't look as if Jane could talk.  She had to figure out a different way to communicate with her.  As Katie sat daydreaming her phone rang, it was her mother.

"Hey mom, what's up?"
"Oh, nothing, just hadn't heard from you in a few weeks so I thought that I would call, you know make sure you were still alive.  Not all of us know when our loved ones die or that they are ok."

God, her mom always made her feel like crap.  "Sorry mom, kinda busy looking for a job.  Time just got away from me.  How are you?  How's dad?  Is he still play in that silly band?"

"It's ok Katie, You don't have to act like you want to talk to me.  I get it.  We are great.  I was just checking on you.  Guess I will call again in a week.  Not like I can depend on you to check to make sure that we are still alive, you know with your busy life and all.  Love you Kate.  Bye"

"Mom, Wait!"  She had already hung up.  Ugh

Oh well she had other things to worry about right now.  Jane for one, why can't she talk and how do you communicate with someone that can't speak.

As she sat there trying to figure things out Jane got up and walked through the wall to her apartment.

Katie being curious went next door.  No surprise that the door was unlocked so that she could walk right in. 

Looking around it looked like any other old ladies apartment, flowers and doilies and crochet dolls everywhere.  Jane was standing in the middle of the room looking around at her possessions but still not saying a word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment